Call for artists for new creation: Please submit photo, resume and letter of intent to Mark Lawes, Artistic Director, Theatre Junction GRAND.
We do not hold general auditions, however, we do hold workshops regularly and select artists from these workshops.
Theatre Junction Society owns and operates Theatre Junction GRAND, Calgary’s Culture House for contemporary live arts.
The artistic program includes (1) multidisciplinary creation by an international company of artists, (2) international, national and local presentations of theatre, dance and music, and (3) work by community artists and organizations whose work aligns with our vision.
Theatre Junction GRAND also hosts private events in the theatre, in conjunction with UBU Restaurant and Lounge.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Director is responsible for technical management of a new 400-‐seat configurable theatre, and the production management of all public presentations and private events occurring in the theatre. Typically Theatre Junction creates one new work per year with our company of artists, and 6-‐8 national and international presentations.
- Prepare technical and production budgets for all presentations and events; manage, monitor and control financial performance.
- Manage and develop the technical policies and procedures for the theatre.
- Recruit, schedule and manage the technical staff, including 3 house technicians (head of lighting, head of sound, and stage carpenter) and casual crew.
- Manage the duties of a full-time production coordinator.
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment and the physical theatre space.
- 3+ years experience in a Technical Director role.
- Exceptional people management skills, including recruitment and retention.
- Excellent problem solving aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for the arts and some familiarity with national and international contemporary theatre.
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset.
Please send letter of interest and resumes to:Tod Petersen – Managing Director
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 403 263-‐3605
By mail: Theatre Junction GRAND // 608 1st St SW // Calgary AB // T2P-1M6 More Info: 403 205-‐2922 ext 204
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.