Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Theatre Junction GRAND is Calgary’s Culturehouse for multidisciplinary live art. Since 2006, the theatre has become a centre for creation, presentation, and dissemination of contemporary performance from Calgary, the rest of Canada, and around the world.
Our mission is to be a crossroads for the exchange of art and ideas. We are “the junction” where people, art forms, and ideas converge to cultivate a sustainable and meaningful cultural landscape in the city of Calgary.
We are seeking an experienced Business/Accounting Manager with strong financial management skills.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business/Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall financial management of the organization. The Manager is also responsible for implementing human resources policies and procedures, managing payroll and benefits and maintaining communication with office administrative staff, front of house staff and production/technical staff on all financial issues.
- Prepare annual budget, working with the Managing Director, for presentation to the Board of Directors
- Prepare monthly financial reports (actual to budget, outlook, variance analysis) for review with the Managing Director and Board of Directors
- Ensure all monthly accounting journal entries and accruals are complete, accurate and reconciled to sub ledgers and bank statements
- Assist with preparation of financial information for regular Board meetings and Annual General Meetings, working with the Managing Director and Treasurer of the Board
- Prepare year-end financial statements and work with Audit Committee, Managing Director and external auditors to ensure a smooth year-end audit process
- Supervise a full-time administrative and bookkeeping assistant
- Work with staff in each department (Production, Marketing, Front of House, General Administration) to manage expenditures within budget
- Prepare all financial information for government grants, GST and CRA and casino reporting
- Manage processing of Ceridian payroll for all hourly and salaried staff
- Cash management of operating, casino, reserve and petty cash accounts
- Develop, communicate and oversee financial procedures, financial authorities and internal controls for all activities and staff
- Provide office leadership and encourage effective communication in the office
- Liaise with restaurant tenant on event rentals, quotes and lease payments
- Attend all productions and presentations in the Theatre Junction GRAND season
- Completion of post-secondary education with an emphasis in financial management or accounting, or certification from a recognized accounting institute (CMA, CGA, CA)
- Strong accounting and financial management skills, including preparation of budgets, cash flow projections and accountabilities
- Experience preparing year-end financial statements, including schedules and reports for external auditors
- Proficiency in Simply Accounting or similar accounting software, Ceridian or similar payroll system, Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent relational and communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure during peak times
- Experience working in a non-profit environment and a passion for the arts are definite assets
The salary range is $55,000 – $65,000 annually. A flexible workweek schedule will be considered for the right candidate.
DEADLINE For Submissions: Open until position filled.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to Tod Petersen – Managing Director, by email: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working with Theatre Junction GRAND.
Please keep checking back with us for future job openings.
We are always looking for dedicated, positive and engaged individuals to help us at the theatre.
If you are interested in volunteering with us please email Sanja Lukač, Audience Services Manager & Volunteer Coordinator.