Theatre Junction GRAND
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Technical Director (TD) is responsible for ensuring the smooth and safe operation of the technical aspects of all productions created or presented at the theatre, including private events. The TD is also responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the equipment and physical theatre in efficient working order.
This is a full time permanent position.
Start date immediate.
Salary is based on experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but not limited to:
- Learn the technical equipment of the theatre (rigging, lighting, sound, stage) and assume responsibility for guiding all technical resources (crew) for productions, presentations and rentals
- Recruit, schedule and supervise all technical staff and provide leadership to ensure efficient technical operations in the theatre
- Prepare production budgets related to technical aspects of productions, concerts and special events
- Manage the overall technical operations budget
- Advance and budget all Theatre Junction’s season productions with presenting artists and work with the Executive Director to produce contracts for each production
- Set technical policies and standards for the operation of the theatre
- Prepare, oversee and coordinate the technical schedule
- Secure appropriate technical resources for each production and presentation within budget; develop the casual crew roster and alternate department heads
- Supervise and manage set constructions and production design costing
- Supervise all technical resources (sound, lighting, technical assistants, crews)
- Supervise maintenance of the equipment and physical theatre in working order and coordinate an efficient production equipment maintenance program and safety program
- Provide technical expertise for Theatre Junction’s Resident Company of Artists new work/creations
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory lists of all technical equipment owned by the theatre
- Assume technical responsibility when needed for all incoming rental clients
- Be the primary onsite contact/liaison/representative of Theatre Junction during events when technical staff are on call
- Stay informed and updated about the latest developments in technical aspects of theatre
- Develop and maintain technical relations with local theatres
- Work with the Facility Manager to ensure the building is up kept to Theatre Junction’s standard
Interest candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Guy de Carteret, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).