Dave Kelly Performs White Rabbit Red Rabbit
Theatre Junction, in association with Aurora Nova, presents White Rabbit Red Rabbit
By Nassim Soleimanpour
This one-night only fundraiser for Theatre Junction puts Dave on a stage, with a script sealed in an envelope, with the task to read and perform it cold, unrehearsed, in front of an audience.
It’s a play about freedom of expression and human rights. But it’s audacious and fun.
About White Rabbit Red Rabbit
- Written by Nassim Soleimanpour, an Iranian playwright. Forbidden to leave his country, he found a way for his voice to get out when he physically could not — distilling the experience of his isolation in an audacious and non-traditional play.
- The play premiered in the Edinburgh and Toronto Summerworks Theatre Festivals in 2011, then went on to critical acclaim. For example, the play is a New York Times Critic’s Pick.
- By the time Mr. Soleimanpour was allowed to travel outside Iran, in 2013, “White Rabbit” had been performed more than 200 times in 15 languages.
- White Rabbit Red Rabbit still continues to be performed around the world, and stands as symbol for freedom of expression and human rights.
- More information, and video clips can be found at www.whiterabbitredrabbit.com/
Hundreds of actors, writers and artists have performed WRRR since 2011, including: